As we have advanced our drone program over the years, we have looked well beyond data capture. Data captured from Remotely Piloted Aircraft is novel, but if you aren’t able to interact, analyze and produce actionable data from it – it can appear shiny but have little substance.
Strategic has a team of GIS analysts, remote sensing professionals and programmers that are heavily invested in adding value to our drone data to benefit our clients. When you choose to work with us, you will get access to drone tools that save you time and improve efficiency – even if you are the one collecting the data.
Some of Strategic’s tools that are ready for our clients to access include:
- Strategic Data Hub – interact with your drone data in 3D; measure distances, areas and volumes. Mark-up drone maps and collaborate easily with others on your team.
- Augmented Reality Forestry Tools – to assist with various forestry centered drone applications, we are incorporating augmented reality tools to record and delineate markups from foresters in the field. This saves crucial office time when crews are back from collecting the drone data.
- Waste & Residue Tool – an effective addition to any W&R survey for foresters utilizing drones in the field. Quick volume calculations, pile counts and planning tools to assist survey completion.
- Hotspot categorization tool – to extend our drone-based fire scanning data, we have created a tool to extract and analyze the radiometric data from our wildfire scan thermal images. This is to categorize heat levels in hotspots for fire cews to help them prioritize.
- Spill response framework – for use during a spill response, we have developed a shared stakeholder tool that provides the latest available data in form of web maps, 3D views and downloadable content for drone data and related shoreline data.