When you look at the industries that are utilizing drones, the agricultural sector is always near the top of the list. There are many reasons for this:
- Farms can be scouted much faster by incorporating drones as a reconnaissance and mapping tool.
- Near-infrared technology has many uses in agriculture, particularly spotting issues before they are detectable by the human eye.
- Continual monitoring is valued greatly on the farm, and drones are a great tool to provide this.
- There are many ways to track crop health from UAVs, which leads to solving problems faster before they escalate.
- Irrigation, rates of fertilization and crop yield can all be positively impacted by incorporating UAVs as a farming tool.